Week in Pictures

IMG_20170719_130352~2

Our favorite little place in NE Portland for a quiet lunch a couple miles from our house – Foster & Dobbs, who also has a nice little assortment of meats, cheeses and gourmet foods. Kind of a dream for us to someday run a little place like this…

Meanwhile, back in the garden, our flowers are still going nuts (yay for the arrival of gladiolas, one of my favorites!) and the girls are still as troublesome as ever ๐Ÿ™‚

And speaking of trouble, we are still trying to get used to the girl-on-girl action (and sometimes threesome) as Cocoa, the littlest one (aka “Little Napoleon”), asserts herself as leader of the pack, standing on top of then (not pictured) biting Ethel’s neck and, well, dryhumping her. Sigh. Then today Betty decided she would try to stage a coup and make this a strange looking, well, trifecta. Note Blondie in the foreground looking out of place. It’s a dominance thing and some say it’s what happens when there are no drakes around, but dang, I felt like I was intruding. Guess that’s what I get for trying to get y’all some more “cute duck pix” for the blog.

In the meantime, Netflix marathons have been reignited, with Dan & I now obsessively watching The Killing (we’re only on Season 2, so don’t say anything if you watch this!), losing a large portion of Thursday afternoon to it, and as of tonight, I’m spending my solo Friday evening watching Season 3 of Girlfriends Guide to Divorce, which is in any ways is a knockoff of SATC but with a couple of the women being divorced, but it definitely has its moments. I will say though, I have NEVER understood the obsession with stripper heels (sorry I refuse to give them the pretty word “stilettos”, that high of a heel just makes women look silly, not sexy)…

41qIUUYrXPL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_

And after taking way too long to finish Brene Brown’s book, I am kicking off this biography as I am embarrassed to say I have SO much to learn about the life of Flo Kennedy and her impact on feminism. And it is seriously reminding me that I’ve got to allow myself to reawaken and get back to one of my goals that got smothered during our 2 1/2 years of TTC. More on that to come soon…

One thought on “Week in Pictures

1. July 21, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Every time I see pictures of your garden, I have garden envy. So many bright and beautiful colours. I can feel the relaxing vibe through my screen.

2. July 22, 2017 at 1:20 pm

I loved “the killing” & want to watch the Scandinavian original that it was a remake of. I won’t spoil it for you, but I will say that her partner gets around. He’s in “house of Cards the last 2 seasons

• July 22, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Yeah Dan recognized him from House of Cards as well before I did, and had seen the original Scandinavian version so I’m the only one still in the dark ๐Ÿ™‚ I like her so much more in this than that show she’s on now, The Catch!

• July 22, 2017 at 1:53 pm

I havenโ€™t watched the catch but it sounds like Iโ€™m not missing much LOL ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. July 23, 2017 at 8:13 pm

I saw someone in the Golden Days Parade yesterday that was walking the whole 2 miles in stripper heels – granted it was a man but still, your poor feet! They remind me a lot of the tradition of binding women’s feet.

• July 23, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Agree… I remember many years ago when I worked at Nordstrom I wore 2 inch heels everyday working on the sales floor, and I thought that was uncomfortable (nothing like taking off your shoes at the end of the day and having Barbie feet…), can’t imagine these ones that basically force women to tiptoe. Thanks Sarah Jessica Parker!

4. July 25, 2017 at 4:52 am

Your welsh harlequin, cayuga, and buff duck hens are gorgeous.

• July 25, 2017 at 7:18 am

Thanks! Along with the Welsh Harlequin and Cayuga, the other ones are a Khaki Campbell and a Blue Swedish.