6dp5dt is here. Well into the needless HPTs, today being my husband’s Sunday, it meant that focusing on other things beyond the imminent news of this final round was of VITAL importance. So it was kind of a rad day, with things of ultimate distraction like…
- Making homemade cinnamon rolls for the first time and dunking them in the last of our marionberry-blueberry jam (d’oh! must not give away so much jam as gifts this year!)? Check!
- Picking a fresh bouquet of purple tulips from our front yard? Check!
- Watching our four “teenage” ducklings running like crazy to the rain barrel as the sky opened up, then sticking their necks to glug down water from the overflow spout, causing huge laughs? Check!
- Going to Salvage Works and scoring a gorgeous slab of red oak to make into an amazing new table for our breakfast nook (the Ikea one we have looks pathetic in a kitchen we spent SO much time building with our bare hands!)? Check!
- Splurging on new boarshair pastry brushes and a French rolling pin (for me) and cheesecloth and pink peppercorn (for Dan) down in the Pearl, spotting the actor who played Monroe on Grimm at the Whole Foods nearby, then celebrating with the most delectable peanut butter macarons at Nuvrei? Check!
- Then finishing the day spoiling my kitchen-table-building husband by filling his fish and chips cravings courtesy of Fishwife before preparing for my PIO shot and Thursday night in Shonda-land with Meredith Grey and Olivia Pope? Check!
Symptoms? Hmm…uhh…I sneezed about 6 times today? Pretty quiet day. But I will say, I smiled a lot listening to Banana Pancakes in the car which always makes me a softie thinking about family, so I’ll leave y’all with the happy sounds of Jack Johnson as I go put the heating pad on my bum…