3dp5dt (AKA: dare I think ahead a few days?)

implantation1

embryo implantation stage – may the force be with us

Here we are, 3dp5dt on the final cycle. I know, I’m one of those bloggers telling you every single damn day what I’m up to. Sore boobs? Yes. Twinges? Yes.

Implantation should be kicked off and in the next few days it’ll be decided, even if not yet visible on a HPT, what our future holds. I watched this Scientific American video about implantation – kinda rad. But I admit, I’ve got butterflies.

The blog community, as usual, is awesomely supportive, as are my care providers, but the rest of the outside world I have little faith in. I was going to vent about a dickishly insensitive comment an old friend of my husband’s emailed with “advice” for him to give me about how I need to do deep breathing and blahblahblah even though he had just complained about the stupid shit people say, but I move on. Fuck that insensitive behavior.

There will be no more of that vile energy allowed in our universe as we’re only focusing on surrounding ourselves with positive people. There will be walking in the pool to continue to strengthen and heal my back. There will be chilling out and there will be excited conversations and there will be quiet walks and there will be massaman curry leftovers and there will be work and there will be keeping the ducks out of the bee balm and there will be something simple and tasty tonight made by my husband with this gorgeous piece of salmon we’re defrosting.

There will be life.

Will there be peeing on a stick sooner than I say I will?

Probably.

One thought on “3dp5dt (AKA: dare I think ahead a few days?)

1. April 17, 2017 at 11:09 pm

I love the every damn day posts! Hooray for positive thoughts. And massaman curry!

2. April 18, 2017 at 1:28 am

Just catching up and so happy you’re now on the 2ww. Sounds like you’re coping well. Fingers crossed. And I agree about only surrounding yourself with positive people. If we even get to transfer in the next couple of weeks I don’t think we will be telling anyone, people mean well but they often say insensitive things without realising, plus unless they’ve actually been through ivf they don’t really get it. Good luck! X

3. longtermivf
    April 18, 2017 at 4:13 am

Who knew breathing could turn things around! Amazing advice. My husband and I have been doing IVF for the last two and a half years and I never thought to breathe! 😏
    You know what works for you. Sending love 💖🙌

4. April 18, 2017 at 7:27 am

Oh yes, as one woman told me recently: if you just relax and don’t stress about it, it will just happen. Riiiiight. Oh, he tortures of the tww. I’m sorry your smack dab in the middle of the worst of it. So blog away about whatever you like, this is *your* space! I, for one, enjoy your tww update posts. After all, that’s what we’re all here for–to support each other during this crazy crap called infertility. Sending prayers your way (and relaxing thoughts since, you know, that’s the magic formula)! xx

5. April 18, 2017 at 7:29 am

Um, yeah, because you would never have thought to breathe without someone telling you too. (sarcasm). Glad you’re hanging on to the positive instead of letting the negative rule your day!

6. April 18, 2017 at 8:20 am

Sounds like you are in the right, positive place for this TWW. Thinking of you and your embryos 🙂