While I have more than enough time alternately lying on my back with pillows under my knees and pacing around the house, doing my PT exercises during both, why not get back to my regular Friday Eco-licious posts?
- I love when folks provide new perspective on the natural world, and You’re a Bee.This is What it Feels Like. was too rad not to share.
- Added to my ever-lengthening Bucket List? Visiting the educational farms of Rodale Institute in Pennsylvania.
- More evidence that Why Getting a Mammogram May Cause More Trouble Than It’s Worth. “As mammography increased, so too did breast cancer diagnoses, which was exactly the idea. But what didn’t change much was the number of diagnoses of late-stage breast cancer, the significantly harder-to-treat disease that kills women. Yes, mammograms were catching a greater number of cancers, but largely they were slow-moving, potentially harmless ones…If all women ages 40 to 49 were screened…approximately 13 million would receive false positives.”
- Here’s a great overview of #SoNowWhat, with environmental leaders speaking up about what we can do to progress as a country as the Age of Trump nears, one that threatens to tear away much of the protections to the planet we all share.
- Planes using biofuel from forest residuals? Now that’s a great step in the right direction. (Although they’ve GOT to stop giving out multiple plastic cups and allow people to either just have one the whole flight, or -gasp! – give them the whole can of soda…) .
“When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no “I’ll start tomorrow.” Tomorrow is disease.”