- So inspired learning about the Sparks of Hope programs here in Oregon who offer healing programs, from camps to mentor relationships, for children who have experienced abuse. We need more of these resources.
- Did you know you can grow grapes in a pot? Seriously, there is a Pixie Grape that is a dwarf version that you can grow in a container, only gets to 18″ tall, and fruits the first year. I must find that this year for our front porch!
- Back before my mother because a rabid fan of O’Reilly (I shit you not), she was a powerful feminist inspiration to me in the 1970’s, serving as one of the thousands of delegates at Houston’s 1977 Women’s Conference led by such she-roes as Maya Angelou, Betty Friedan, Billie Jean King, Gloria Steinem, Coretta Scott King, Bella Abzug, and three of our first ladies. Not familiar with this historical event? Read more about this amazing event here.
- A super interesting article about the cluelessness of some baby boomers. I know a lot of folks of all ages who are awesome and embrace living on a smaller footprints, but the numbers are pretty amazing in this article, namely “They want peace of mind, but they still want 2,000 square feet of house in the middle of a lawn that has to be mowed, on a cul-de-sac where they can’t get transit.”
- Am I the only one who is just fine with this week’s death of that bigoted Supreme Court prick Scalia? In Defense of Grave Dancing says it all, but in case you’re not familiar with him, here’s some of the racist, sexist, homophobic, and other hate-filled things he’s said over the years.
“I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.”