Here’s our infertility timeline thus far for those who are interested in our story…I will be continually updating this and the post will stay as a link under the “Two Plus One” category header…
* January – got off the pill
* December – officially started “trying” – ovulation predictor kits, working to get thyroid to normal levels.
* March – Blood tests: FSH 18, thyroid still struggling. IUI/IVF not covered by insurance.
* April – AMH: .1 . Visited doctor referred by my NP who told me I probably couldn’t get pregnant with my own eggs yet recommended 4 rounds of Femara with IUI. (WTF?) Had an HSG (not painful at all) – fallopians look normal. Took RE’s advice and did first round of Femara in prep for IUI (worst bone aches of my life – never again). Yet for unknown reasons RE refused to schedule an ultrasound, didn’t respond to attempts to find out why, then was out of town & said I had to go to ORM for the procedure.
* May – IUI #1: Insemination report showed great motility, volume, count, viscosity, etc. Unsuccessful. Changed RE to NW Fertility – WAY more humanity, empathy, with no sales pitch for drugs that’d do nothing for me.
* June – IUI #2: added gonadatropins/HCG/progesterone as “last try” (Bravelle), but ultrasound showed only one almost normal egg. IUI incredibly painful due to manual dilation, in pain for many weeks. Unsuccessful.
* July – Selected Egg Donor from RE’s database (brown hair, hazel eyes, age 26, German/French/Irish/Native American descent, enjoys running, outdoors, cooking, “very Oregon”, and has donated 5X successfully with 2 kids of her own). Began Doxycycline.
* August – Started BCP. Yeast Infection (fluco, boric, supps, etc., nothing worked. Only sugar elimination did the trick). Started Lupron.
* September – Delestrogen IM shots. Ultrasound: good. Weekly acupuncture + massage.
* October – Donor Egg Retrieval + Sperm collection = Insemination. Started Progesterone & Delestrogen IM. 20 eggs retrieved, 20 fertilized!!! Embryo Transfer: 1 “AA” transferred, 12 frozen. Began Estradiol. Unsuccessful.
* November – Still no period, no ovulation, missed December IVF #2 cycle.
* December – Started birth control pills. Still no period.
* January – Started Round 2 cycle – Delestrogen + PIO. Ultrasound: good lining.
* February – Frozen Embryo Transfer – 1 “AA”. Daily PIO + Estradiol. Unsuccessful. Started birth control to prep for #3.
* March – Started Round 3 Cycle – Delestrogen. Ultrasound normal – 7mm.
* April – Started daily PIO injections. Frozen Embryo Transfer – 1 “AA”. Daily PIO + Estradiol. Unsuccessful. NK & ANA & thyroid tests (Results: negative NK & ANA, thyroid off so upped Synthroid). Started birth control.
* May – Endometrial scratch to encourage implantation.
* June – Started Round 4 Cycle – Delestrogen, Progesterone, 5 days of Prednilosone. Transferred 2 “BB” embryos on 6/23.
* July – POSITIVE!! HSG @ 8dp5dt=50; @ 12dp5dt= 271! Progesterone good! Ultrasound at 6w5d: embryo with heartbeat (couldn’t hear), 5.54mm (“a little small but within range”).
* August – No heartbeat. Took misoprostol to induce Miscarriage at home. Devastated. 12 hours of hardcore contractions. 2 weeks of bleeding. Started back on BCP.
* September – Began Low-Dose Naltrexone (3 mg), Delestrogen/Estradiol, and changed thyroid medication to compounded T4/T3 (TSH @ 5.2). Daily Vitamin D, fish oil, methylated folate, and prenatal without folic acid (folate is better than folic). Tested thyroid after 3 weeks and upped T4/T3 (TSH @ 3.9). Ultrasound 1 week pre-transfer shows 8.5mm lining (best ever). Started Prednisone (10mg 2X/daily) and PIO shots.
* October – DEIVF transfer (2 frozen BB embryos). Prometrium suppositories post-transfer. Inquired what grade these were and he said B’s and said we still had A’s left and “couldn’t remember why” he used these ones. Embryologist said she “just gives him the ones he chooses”. Furious, to put it mildly, that he didn’t use the best ones. Unsuccessful. Scheduled 2nd opinion at another clinic. Retested thyroid, TSH 2.1, antibodies still very high. Stayed on LDN, adjusted compounded T4/T3 dose.
* November – Second opinion recommended ERA, karyotyping. 2nd one is completely irrelevant. But new RE a real bastard, trying to require multiple irrelevant & unnecessary tests (an AIDS test for my husband even though we have existing embryos to use? wtf?!), treating us like a number, shouting at me then overcharged for visit while fraudulently trying to charge $100 for an unscheduled call he made to me! Asked regular RE about ERA, he agreed to it, signed up with Igenomix. Retested thyroid, TSH to 2.5, antibodies up, changed T4/T3 again. Provera for 10 days to stimulate period.
* December – Began Delestrogen 12/12. Scheduled ERA. Retested thyroid, TSH tripled to 7.5 in 3 weeks, with antibodues up to 323. 175 mcg Synthroid + 5 mg Cytomel. Ultrasound just under 9mm (best ever), began PIO.
* January – ERA 1/3 = pre-receptive!!. Started 2nd mock cycle for biopsy #2.
* February – 2nd ERA February 9th to confirm receptivity @ P+6. Unsuccessful biopsy as my cervix would not open enough to allow the catheter in. Excruciating. Igenomix said it’s 90% probability that P+6 indeed is my implantation window. Scheduled 6th transfer at P+6 in April. Started back on birth control.
* March – Began Delestrogen 3/20 for 6th and final round of DEIVF.
* April – Ultrasound: 7mm. Borderline but acceptable. Getting extra acupuncture week of transfer as precaution. PIO for 6 days as per ERA. FET 4/14 – transferred 2 AA blastocysts – very smooth transfer (no dilation required) under Demerol. Unsuccessful.