My 10 Favorite Foods
In no particular order…
- Sushi. Good quality fish. Spicy scallop hand rolls. Albacore sashimi. Unagi for dessert. No uni, no ika, no tako.
- Prosciutto. One of those ingredients that in almost anything will force me to order it. I have no choice in the matter.
- Carbonara. Bacon and eggs on pasta. Simple perfection.
- Sweet potatoes. Favorite starchy veg ever. Sliced thinly, diced, mashed, pureed, grated, cooked, steamed, fried, by itself, in pie, in muffins, with chicken, with eggs, in veggie patties. Any way.
- Croissants. Good ones – not those bulk Costco things, but ones made by a French bakery. Warm. With a cappuccino alongside.
- Caprese. Cherry tomatoes and basil straight from the garden, fresh buffalo mozzarella, good olive oil, and luscious balsamic vinegar. I can eat giant bowls’ worth in late summer.
- Homemade Mac & Cheese. I am not embarrassed to say, my homemade 5 cheese version with a stick of butter, pint of cream and crushed melba toast on top to create a killer crust.
- Chicken Kati Rolls. From Bollywood Theater. I don’t know how to order anything else 🙂
- Apple Pie. I make a homemade version that competes any day with the ones I ate at home as a kid. The secret? Granny Smith apples and minimal sugar. None of that compote crap.
- Lobster. A perfectly prepared Australian lobster tail dipped in butter makes me close my eyes and see heaven.
“The belly rules the mind.”