Some of my biggest pet peeves:
By the way I’m going to only refer to less overarching principles, not obvious dislikes, like hate, ignorance, cruelty, Republicans, etc., so here are 13 of ’em:
- When waitstaff clear my plate from the table while my husband is still eating, or vice versa. It’s so rude!
- People not watching where they are walking because they are on their cell phones.
- Cyclists riding their bikes hands free. I can’t explain it, it just looks like they think they’re too cool for school.
- People who will pay $5 for a shitty Starbucks latte every day, then complain about the price of organic produce.
- Handlebar mustaches anywhere outside of a wild west show, in particular on the face of a barista. Ew.
- Store owners who act like it’s the customer demand and not rabid marketing that’s caused them to open their doors on Thanksgiving.
- Employees who smoke right outside the doors of the business they work so we have to walk through it.
- Cyclists without the decency to ring their bell or say “on your left/right” when passing.
- The local news, when their top story is not REAL news – i.e., an old lady lost her wedding ring, a guy found a bunch of pictures and wants to find the owner, a kid raised money for his school, a veteran who had lunch with two other veterans, a new Facebook feature, etc. – and yet they fail to talk about most major world events. They have six newscasts a day and there’s only one 30 minute national news program a day. WTF?
- Stilettos. I still think most women wearing them look like they’re trying to look like prostitutes. (Remember, before SJP in Sex and the City, no one dared wear them for that exact reason. There are plenty of sexy heels that don’t look like the equivalent of footbinding.)
- Folks who get in the self-checkout lines at grocery stores who have a) huge carts that should be going through the regular line, and/or b) operate at a snail’s pace. I vote for shoppers to have a special license to show you know how to ring up your own stuff fast. 🙂
- Hypocrite celebrities like George Clooney who claim to support sustainability then whore their asses for the worst companies like Nestle.
- People who claim they are for workplace equality and business ethics, then support companies like Uber, known for their horrendous sexism and sidestepping of regulations.