So much for posting this last Friday as planned! 🙂 Can you believe summer is almost here? In Portland, it’s been in the 80’s all week…even had to shade the romaine in the garden to prevent bolting! Weird to be in a drought when it is coming down in buckets in other areas of the country, not to mention having empty rain barrels, UGH! But hey, I have tan lines…and rain is in the forecast, yay!
* So sad to learn that the love locks will be removed from that bridge in Paris. And yeah, 5 months before our trip!
* This week we took our dog to a new veterinarian after having that “something’s not quite right” feeling about the last one we went to. Everyone including the shelter had “ruled out” Cushing’s disease and our new vet tested her and said it’s not a matter of IF, but what KIND she has. Her liver enzymes are crazy high. However, being a careful doggie mama, I did my homework on Cushing’s and the destructive side effects of the medication that they said would be prescribed, and put a halt to it after finding out about two key holistic treatments: 1) going on a raw food diet, and 2) Cushex. The latter is all over the holistic pet care forums about making a phenomenal difference. And a $35 supply lasts a year. Raw food we’re investigating costs of the discounted rate of pre-made food at my husband’s work, versus going the potentially cheaper (but much more time consuming) homemade route. Anyone out there got tips?
* Don’t you love it when you learn more cool things about a blogger you’ve been following? For me, that moment came this past week reading Renaissance Garden blogger’s farm website, in particular, How We Farm. This is how it’s done, folks.
* And speaking of growing food, here’s a great article on Yoga for Gardeners. Namaste!
* “Kids’ games will never be as destructive as what adults continue to do to the planet.” Great quote from the article, Let the Kids Play.
It’s a cruel season that makes you get ready for bed while it’s light out.