Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place. ~Zora Neale Hurston
As today is the first anniversary of the day my sweetheart and I made it legal, I’m of course writing this a few days in advance so we can have a couple of technology-free days together to celebrate this love and this beautiful life we share. Viva amore!
Here are some of the things that came up this week I thought I’d share…
* Sweden is pretty rad when it comes to reducing waste. Read why here.
* After having lived in beautiful Santa Barbara for 3 years, it broke my heart to hear about the oil spill off Refugio Beach. But honestly? I can’t say I’m surprised. Read what the NRDC said about it’s foreshadowing of the dangers of tar sands expansion here.
* Love hearing about the effects already of the Clean Fuel laws passed here in Oregon. Check out what Sequential Biofuels is doing here.
* Thinking about my own issues over the years with self-image and how I must address them sooner rather than later as a future mama, I was truly inspired by author Brittany Gibbons in her HuffPost interview here.
* Super interesting to read (via Twitter posting) about the effects of inactivity on the body here.
* And a big congratulations to the Oregon Public House, the country’s first nonprofit pub where all proceeds go to local charities, for being recognized as the best restaurant in (my) Woodlawn neighborhood. Read more here.