Ahh…finally feels like spring…much to write about and catch up on in blogland, having had my head buried in some personal and work commitments, but will be back with a vengeance soon! In the meantime, here are my favorite bits ‘n’ pieces this week…
* Get overexcited around beautifully merchandised fresh produce and local goodies? Here are some great ways to make sure you eat what you bring home from the farmer’s market!
* Totally groovy – beavers saving salmon in California. Love it!
* We’ve all seen those lists of things-you-hadn’t-thought-of that are compostable but this particular list had some newbies for me, including balloons (not that I have these lying around), wine corks (I always had taken these to New Seasons), natural sponges and loofahs!
* RIP Sabeen Mahmud, a Pakistani free speech activist who was recently murdered. Let’s keep her spirit alive and speak our minds, women!
* A touching preview of a local documentary put together by some folks in my neighborhood including a former colleague of mine, giving a peek at all the despicable demolition of perfectly good old homes, replacing them with ugly, often poorly-built larger substitutes.
Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day.
~W. Earl Hall