Oh happy day! The 70 degree weather arrived on Thursday and it’s been glorious! We took a long morning walk to breakfast down to Gravy on Mississippi that first day, worked a tad in the garden, read on our chaise lounges in the backyard til realizing our winter skin would probably pink up pretty quick in the rays, took a bike ride down to Poa on Williams for a light lunch (gotta love a yummy bowl), then barbecued chicken satay skewers with rice and garden-grown spinach & arugula here at home (Thursday is our Sunday in our household with my hubby’s current work schedule). So excited to get back to taking my two wheels to client
* This ain’t got nothin’ to do with EcoGrrl themes but the last three words in this trailer made me literally yelp with joy!
* This happened a few years ago but a friend from yoga shared with me this article about former President Jimmy Carter, Losing My Religion for Equality, which was extraordinary and beautiful and…about time we had a leader standing up for women.
* Did you know there was such a thing as black walnut syrup? Neither did I but wow reading about it made my mouth water?
* Speaking of food, we’re hearing a lot about the California drought where the governor is cracking down on the 20% of water wasters (residential) rather than the 80% who are so, so much worse (big agriculture including cattle, oil and fracking). And for some reasons, nuts are getting the brunt of it, so really? Stop demonizing almonds!
* As we contemplate a sustainable bathroom remodel, we are digging the recycled clay tile samples sent over to us from Fireclay Tiles. Green is gorgeous!
* Rad cycling technology continues to amaze -check out these wheels!
* GREAT way to track your state politicians’ eco friendly (or unfriendly) actions – check out Who Votes Dirty.
* On a great final note, Portland-based PacifiCorp has closed a coal plant. It’s in Utah, but it affects us all. May there be more to come.
Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing.