Big ‘aw shucks thanks’ to Maurie at This Northwest Life for this award as well as for always sharing her unique perspective and infectious optimism in her words. She said my blog was ‘interestingly eclectic’ – a lovely lovely compliment that is just what I needed today.
Ten things that make me happy? Super easy.
1. My dog. Truly the love of my life. Neverending flow of love. Did I save her or did she save me? The answer to me is so obvious.
2. My amazing family of friends. You are so integral to the woman I am today and to my evolution. You support and love me unconditionally and have taught me so much about what life is all about, what’s truly important, and that it’s okay to let go of toxic and let in the beautiful. From the new sisters to the longtime friends, from the neighbors who I can rely on to the blog friends who offer perspectives I find nowhere else, you have shown me that family has nothing to do with DNA. I adore you all.
3. My sanctuary. This house has been mine for four years this May. While you probably are just the first house, you showed me after my divorce that I could make my dream come true in a way that fit ME, that I could start a new beautiful chapter in my life on my own blood, sweat and tears. I came back to my hometown nervous as all hell, living in an attic on a mattress with my dog while I found a job and reinvented my life. Seeing you that sunny Sunday afternoon, I knew you were the one, with your French doors and oak floors and unassuming 1925 vibe and big back yard. Daisy calls you home, I bought this for her and it ended up being for both of us. I’ve had the best and worst and everything in between in this house and at the end of the day, I have four walls that support this EcoGrrl life.
4. Cozying up. A favorite thing of mine to do is to ask a friend, what was your favorite thing about that weekend/event/day/etc. This past weekend, even with everything great that happened, the first visual in my eyes is comfortable conversation with a close friend who may or may not evolve, leaning back into his arms as we sipped on drinks at the place around the corner from my house and listened to a girl on her guitar, lighting up the joint with her luscious melodies. Simple moments of bliss are what I crave.
5. Dancing. My friend turned on the 80’s new wave / progressive (remember that term?) station on his satellite radio and I’m sorry, but how can you not groove while you are in the yard listening to Blitzkrieg Bop and Blister in the Sun and Bizarre Love Triangle? Helllooooo! Yesterday morning as I prepared to hop on my bike to work I had my iPod in my ears and realized I was shakin’ it in the garage as I stretched myself out. My theory is, if someone won’t get silly and dance with you, if they are too afraid of how they are going to look, they’re not the right person for you. I’m not asking for booty action, I just mean if you feel it, do it. Don’t be afraid to shake that ass…
and i’m tired of writing, so the last five will be brief…and really, aren’t these all self-explanatory?
6. Sunshine on my cheeks, soft breeze in the summertime…
7. Gardening…eating a tomato right off the vine has got to be the greatest thing ever.
8. That moment where you have just made a breakthrough with someone. (OK, maybe I’ll blog on this later, these last few days have been really intense…)
9. Spicy Scallop Hand Rolls. Drop dead delicious.
10. New Journeys. Nothing better than escaping somewhere new and beautiful and just discovering…
Ten Bloggers Whose Words Intrigue, Inspire, or just make me giggle…
Notes from Underground
Chocolate Covered Katie
My Soul is a Butterfly
Or really? Everyone who my blog says that I follow. I wouldn’t if they didn’t…